Much as we would like to sell 1000 places, because of the size of some of the campsites, we can only accommodate 50 runners in total, plus up to 15 volunteers. Volunteers will earn £400 worth of credit to use on future Beyond Marathon events.
With so few runners bearing the event costs, the entry price is more expensive than we’d like, but it is still less than 10% of the MDS, and just 1/3 of The Cape Wrath Ultra, so it’s still very good value!
Entry price is £400. £50 of this is a non-refundable deposit – see below. You pay the £50 (+ Eventbrite’s booking fee) when you register. The rest of the entry fee is payable via BACS or Paypal within 14 days (or instalments payments can be arranged – but only by fixed monthly standing order). You will be sent details of how to pay when your entry is accepted.
Entries open October 1st – 6pm
What is included in your entry fee:
- Campsite accommodation from Friday 28th July for 6 stages
- Use of all campsite amenities; toilets and showers etc
- Bag transport to the finish line. Drop bag transfer to end of stage 3.
- Paramedic team at site and checkpoints
- Use of a Race Drone GPS Tracker
- Insured event, and experienced race director
- Hot Water at all overnight camps (to add to your dehydrated food, or make drinks)
- Water at camp and at the checkpoints
- Appropriately large medal!
Refund Policy. If you application is not accepted then you will be refunded in full. If you are accepted, then after 30 days from date of first entry, £50 is non refundable. Why? It demonstrates seriousness to participate and accepts of consequence of withdrawing. We don’t want people grabbing a place in a panic before they sell out, and then regretting it later, or not training for the event. We saw this with some entries to King Offa’s Dyke race, where 120 participants ultimately withdrew (the event capacity was only 100!) . We refunded everyone in full, which subsequently left us with a hole in finances and unable to fill places from waitlist with just a few months left, as training demands more preparation that just a few months.
- You can sell your place onto someone else yourself, at any time, at no cost.
- If you withdraw with 3 months or more left before the event, you can defer, or you can get back all of your money, apart from the £50 deposit.
- If you withdraw with more than one month left, you can defer, or get back £200. (You can sell your place on to someone else if you can find a replacement)
- With less than one month to go, no refund or deferral is possible. (You can sell your place on to someone else if you can find a replacement)